março 21, 2012

So long wait for Wednesday food

The 2011 last months and the early 2012 months are a complicated, busy and hard ones for me. My grandma almost past away, my cousin's daughter, born at 34 weeks, her tiny lungs struggled to get the oxygen her brain and body needed, but now she is fine and at home with her family. My niece is being bullied at school by a boy, and at ballet class by her teacher. And that was the reason I didn't upload for so long. Despites of all problems, my life is full of joy and love. Gabriel are always by my side, supporting me, helping me in everythng I need. Sometimes I wanna thank him for his love and everything he's done for me, and my way to do that is cooking - very masterchef of me, not really - and thank goodness, he truly appreciate my cooking. This time I made a lettuce salad and rice with carrot and condiments.

For the salad:
1 small romaice lettuce heart, torn
1 small mesclun lettuce, torn
mizuna leaves, to adorn
½ small onion, peeled picked and boiled
1 tomato, picked
basil leaves, picked

For the seasoning:
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
60ml apple vinegar
90ml olive oil
salt and black pepper

In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and oil, then stir in three-quarters of a teaspoon of salt and some black pepper. Toss the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the dressing, toss again gently, taste for seasoning, adorn with the mizuna lettuce leaves and serve. Or you can serve them separately, if you prefere.
For the rice:
I did 2 cups of rice in 400ml of water, and cooked with grated carrot, picked basil and curry, salt and garlic paste.

For the beans:
I cooked 100g of beans in 300ml of water, with salt and garlic paste. The brazilian way to do beans.




2 comentários:

  1. I love you forever and I'll always love your cooking meals ^^

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Olá! Que comida lindo, o arroz perece até perfumar as narinas :)Fico feliz, pois os laticínios nos fazem mais mal do que bem. Bjs

    ResponderExcluir

Obrigada pelo comentário. Agradeço de coração! ♥ Thank you for commenting here. I really appreciate it ! ♥ Gracias por comentar. Merci pour vos commentaires. ♥